Club Fair Engages Many Interests

Connie Tu

On Wednesday, September 12th, the annual Kent School Club Fair, an all-school event where all the clubs on campus gather so students can sign up to join, was held in the library. It is a great opportunity for students to meet like-minded people on campus who share their same interests.

Mrs. Sokolnicki

Club leaders utilize this occasion to showcase their club’s fun activities and goals. The library filled with crowds that were surrounded by many colorful posters and students signed up for their favorite clubs by writing down their names and emails. With a variety of different clubs present, including REACH, the Cooking Club, the Animal Rights Club, and PERIOD: The Menstrual Movement, students have the opportunity to pursue a wide range of extracurriculars. The 2018 Club Fair, despite being hosted indoors, was one of the most successful so far for Kent School.

There were “about seventy clubs that participated, more than ever before, and about 200 students,” said Mrs. Sokolnicki, who organized the event. Among the 200 students, some had just arrived at Kent as freshmen, while some were already into their third year at Kent. Mrs. Sokolnicki says that the goal was “for new students to get involved in extracurricular life at school, and for returning students to try something new.”

While it’s hard to tell whether that goal has been achieved just a few weeks after the event, the enthusiasm and curiosity exhibited among the student body during the club fair promise a good start to this school year.