Sullivan named Director of Admissions

Mr.+Sullivan

Diecidue

Mr. Sullivan

Jessica Diecidue, Campus News Reporter

Mr. Sullivan is Kent’s new Director of Admissions, taking over for Mrs. Ross, who recently became the head of the college counseling office at the Gilman School.

Last year Mr. Sullivan served as the fifth-form dean, was one of the coaches for the varsity football team and taught two term contained electives: Financial Systems in the winter and Global Economics in the spring.

Mr. Sullivan comments on his first few weeks on the job: “I love it. It’s a great office with great people. It’s an important role within the School. It’s new and exciting.”

In his new position, he does a lot of traveling to talk about Kent and meet prospective students with their families. So far Mr. Sullivan has traveled to Florida, New Orleans, and Southern California. In the future Mr. Sullivan will also be traveling to Chicago, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, and Seoul as the face of Kent School Admissions.

According to Mr. Sullivan, there is only one drawback: “I am not able to interact with our students on a regular basis, and I miss that.” In the dean’s office he was able to interact with the students on a daily basis, while in his new role he looks for the students that would be a good fit in the Kent community.

Overall, Mr. Sullivan is enjoying his new role as head of admissions and the challenges and changes it presents to him.