Third Form Day of Service

Third+formers+with+Mr.+Wells.+

Mrs. Sokolnicki

Third formers with Mr. Wells.

Adrian Lo, Campus News Reporter

On Wednesday October 19, Kent’s third formers were assigned to do spend their mornings not in class, but instead doing community service of their choice.

Third Form Students got the chance to not only give back to the community, but also get to know their fellow classmates better while performing different types of community service that ranged from helping at food banks to clearing mountaintops.

Mrs. Sokolnicki believes that the day offers students “camaraderie, lets them meet new people, learn to help others, and foster a relationship between the school and the town. It is super important for the students to get involved in the community,” she continues “it helps make the community more vibrant.”

New students such as Charlie DiPaolo ‘20 believed that by participating in the day of service, he was able to meet more members of his new community. He was able to bond with other students while actively helping the greater community of Kent.

DiPaolo worked with Mr. McDonough to help clean the mountaintop of Mt. Pond. DiPaolo believed that helping clean the top of Mount Pond was “cool” and a great first time experience. DiPaolo believes that he will join some community service clubs in the future. He also believes that it is important for other freshmen to participate in community service.

The day of service provides students a unique opportunity to get to know their community better and learn the value of helping others.