Boys basketball beats Canterbury and maintains undefeated record

Wes Gordon, Campus Reporter

There was a huge crowd gathered in Gowan Court on Wednesday the 10th, as boys varsity basketball tipped off against Canterbury. With a 2-0 record coming into the game, the excitement was infectious.

After the tip off, Kent came to early lead. Captain Kena Gilmour ’16 attributed this strong start to, “coming into the game focused and mentally prepared.”

The boys needed this mental fortitude as the Canterbury squad played an aggressive and, said Gilmour, “extremely physical” game.

Kent’s team was fouled many times, including a technical foul against Jamil Gambari ’16.  Using this to their advantage, the lions scored many points on free throws.

Assistant Coach Matthew Heslop was said, “they had really good transitions and the plays were executed well.”  Josiah Wilson ’17 showed superior court sense and scored many open lay ups against the team from New Milford.

In addition to points from open lay ups and foul shots, the team used their superior playing ability and athleticism to outclass the other team. Maxime Boursiquot ’16 scored many dunks to the delight of the fans in the stands.

Both Heslop and Gilmour commented that they appreciated the Kent crowd for supporting the team and that it had a tangible effect on the game, which ended in a 71 -57 victory.