Actors wow at the Winter One-Acts

Lillian Wang

As Kent students attempts to survive the record-breaking cold this winter, the Theatre Department decided to shield people from the cold, inviting students and faculty to cozy up and enjoy the Winter One-Acts at the Mattison Auditorium on Feb 14th and Feb 15th.

These past few weeks have been busy but successful for Kent’s performing arts division. Among many musical concerts, dance recitals, and solo performances, this year’s Winter One-Acts definitely up the ante for a quality performance. Under formers all the way up to sixth formers participated in this thrilling event that Kent will not easily forget.

Every year, Kent students have surprised their fellow students and teachers by unveiling their talents as actors and actresses. This year, they again did not disappoint. Whether they were acting out a hilarious alien attack or a sincere soul searching of a bartender, their devotion made it enjoyable and worthy for the entire community to came out to support their friends and families. Ms. Haley Prickett even made a surprise cameo as a New Age woman.

Many also might not believe that a student writer is hiding among the exceptionally talented pool of actors. Leila Sachner ’16 wrote and directed The Interview that made the audience laugh all the way from backstage.

On top of all the efforts on stage, many faculty members and student contributed back stage. The stage crew team of Leon Du ’17 and Canvas Li ’15 held the entire show together, while Grace Yoo ’15 volunteered to design lights and run the lightboard. Josh Kao ’18 designed sound and ran the soundboard under the supervision of Mr. Matt Jandreau, the technical overseer. Mr. Foote was the director with the ultimate vision behind the one-acts.

A big thank you to all those who brought two nights of laughter and joy to Kent!