Exciting Fall Play Lineup

RoseMarie Wallace

The cast of Blythe Spirit summon a ghost!

Lia Fadiman, Campus Reporter

Just as consistent as the leaves turning color each October, the fall plays, directed by Mr. Foote and Mr. Stewart, come around each year. The plays that premiere in early November, referred to as the “Upper-Form” and “Under-Form” plays, always have the campus buzzing with excitement. With new talent and innovative ideas, Stewart and Foote always keep us on our toes.

This year, Mr. Stewart will direct the Upper-Form Play, Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward’s classic comedy. When asked how the production practice was going, Stewart says, “The upperform play is going well. We have great actors, there’s a lot of experience. I have wanted to do this play for a long time. The kids are having a great time doing it, and the kids are laughing a lot while we’re at it.” 

When asked about stars of the play, Stewart couldn’t hold back his excitement about his cast and listed off every member performing. The play will be opening Halloween night, 31 October, and appropriately, promises to be filled with ghosts. Stewart credits his wonderful cast and crew as the reason why everything is coming along so well, and the Kent community is excited to see their hard work pay off. 

She Kills Monsters by Qui Nguyen is set to be the Under-Form Play directed by Mr. Foote. Foote, when asked about what he likes about his play choice says, “I’ve never done a play this tech-oriented at Kent. It’s a challenge, but it’s a good challenge. We have lots of lighting changes and we’re making masks, lots of costumes and fighting scenes as well. It’s super exciting.” Foote goes on to say, “Mr. Stewart has been a big help, he has done the bulk of the choreography for the fighting scenes. It’s coming along super well.” The cast, although young is performing well, and the campus is just as excited to go and attend this play featuring fresh faces along with returning veterans.

Both productions will be presented in Mattison Auditorium, and we are excited to see Kent Theatre continue to grow, and as they say in the theater: break a leg!