JV Girls Soccer Tackles the Season

Lia Fadiman, Campus News Reporter

Kent’s junior varsity girls soccer team, coached by Ms. Gousse and Mrs. Benjamin, is in the midst of a huge remodel. Both coaches are new to the JV soccer scene, so it is an exciting time for both them and the girls. With past players having improved so much they moved up to varsity this year, the team is mostly made up of a fresh new group. 

After their recent nail biting loss 1-2 against Ethel Walker, the team proved that they are a group to watch this year as they worked hard and hustled throughout the entire game. Captains Lily Scofield ’22, and Anna Sisson ’22 are both excited for the season. Scofield says, “This season is going to be great. We have already improved so much. The team has scored more goals so far this season than we did all last year. We have a killer attitude and everyone’s excited to be apart of the team.” 

The girls are amping up for continued growth. Coach Benjamin names Scofield as an important player referencing her eleven saves in the first game, and sixteen saves in the second. With a dedicated group of girls, there is only room to grow for the JV squad. 

Coach Benjamin explains, “I’m excited to coach and help rebuild the team. It’s going to be a great season.” And Gousse adds, “This is a new team to me. I think our team chemistry is great, they’re bonding well. A lot of them have already remarkably improved and they show a lot of heart in games.” The season is off to a strong start, and hopefully the team will continue to grow and walk the road to victory.