Boys Tennis Beats Millbrook 4-3

Emma Fox, Campus News Reporter

On Saturday, April 28th, Kent boys varsity tennis team competed against Millbrook School and won 4-3.

Cyrus Chau ‘18 won his first set 6-0 and the second 6-2, defeating Millbrook in number one singles. Ruben Pinchas ‘19 played number two singles and won both sets 6-3 and 6-4. Dani Le Quang ‘18 won both sets 6-4, aiding Kent in winning their singles matches. Chau and Pinchas later went on to defeat their opponents in number one doubles 8-1.

Coach Hunt  describes the team as “a really coachable group. They’re really fun to be around and they work hard in practice.” The boys varsity tennis team “always start [their] season against [their] hardest teams, so it can be a little demoralizing, but I’ve never felt that they give up or tanked in any matches” said Coach Hunt.

Assistant Coach Erin Martin believes the team is “getting better as they play and are growing as a team.” Along with Coach Hunt and Martin, team captain Chau also supports the group and considers them family. Chau considers his spirit animal when playing tennis a “snake, because I wait for the opportunity and that’s when I pounce on [my opponent].”

Their next game is March 2nd against Salisbury at 3:15 at Kent School Racquet Center; “a winnable match but it won’t be easy.”