Student Profile: Chris Magnani

Tom Mortimer, Campus News Reporter

Chris is a proud four-year Kent student from Bronxville, NY. Chris has flourished into an active member of the Kent community, academically and otherwise, as he is involved in several extracurricular activities.

This year Chris has found himself extremely busy as he juggles his various responsibilities. A typical day for Chris involves waking up at 6:00 for a lift with the crew team before heading to breakfast at 7:00. Following a full academic school day, he makes his way back to the boathouse where he works out on an erg machine for an hour. After dinner, Chris usually has Thirds Hockey practice. After training, he studies until 10:00 and hits the hay around 10:30. Despite his packed schedule, Chris keeps a positive outlook: “it’s tough but I have to stay on top of both my studies and athletics.”

Chris is taking a full schedule of classes consisting of AP Enviro, AP Gov, American Literature, Calculus and Bio-tech. He is also a member of the student council, and enjoys his role as library proctor. He explained, “I’m glad to represent the school and be part of a deep tradition.”

In the fall, Chris captained the varsity cross country team and in the spring he will be captaining the Boys Crew team. When asked what his proudest Kent moment as been, he replied, “Last year when the boys crew team won the overall points trophy at the New England Rowing Championships.”

Despite his heavy athletic commitments, Chris still finds time to for music and plays the Cello and Guitar. He recently performed with the orchestra at the annual winter concert. And, his hard work has paid off–he was recently accepted to Columbia University and will be rowing for their crew team.