Girls Cross Country races well at Founders

Ella Agger-Pilon, Campus News Reporter

The Founders Race at Choate Rosemary Hall was another amazing race for the girls varsity and JV cross country  teams.

The Varsity team has been very strong throughout the season, with their leading runner being Lara D’Alessandro ’19, a new sophomore. She led the 5k race at Founders up until the end, being passed by only one person, and landing in second place overall, the highest finishing position for a Kent girl since 2011. Lara’s coach, Mr. Baird, said, “Lara is a very strong winner. This was a very big race for her.”

Lucy Freidenrich ’18, one of the captains, came in third place right behind Lara. She said, “This results of this race really showed how hard we have been working. We have managed to have a lot of fun, work hard, and become a very strong team.”

The Girls Varsity XC ran well altogether in a solid race, securing sixth place overall out of the eleven teams in the Founders League.

Girls JV XC placed third overall with their top finisher being Eudora Liu ’18. Eudora, along with many of the other girls on the team, achieved her personal record during this race. As a team they showed significant improvement, and in this race acquired fifth, sixth, and seventh place. There was a leading pack of girls in the front of the race, including many fastest 5k times for the girls on the team.

Overall, the underclassmen are coming to a strong end to a good season and are excited to see what can happen next year.