Student Band: Free Block

George Bian, Campus News Reporter

Free Block is a student rock band established two years ago by Thomas Alexander ’16 which, in its current incarnation, features Alexander as lead guitarist, Ansh Jetly ’17 as drummer, and Scott Lubin ’17 as bassist and singer.

Over the years, the members of Free Block had many memorable experiences and accomplishments. Their performance at a fundraiser in Newtown was, according to Lubin, “the best show ever.”

Performing during the last coffee house in Hoerle Hall, Free Block had a great time. “It was packed and about one hundred students came. And they all loved it,” said Jetly. Free Block also performs outside Danbury Mall for almost every mall trip and has won the heart of the Danbury people, collecting nearly one hundred dollars over a few performances.

The members are looking forward to their upcoming performance in the guitar concert on Friday, January 29th. When asked about his expectations for the concert, Lubin replied, “It’s going to be crazy and they are going to love us.”

On the day of the concert, the band will release its first self-titled original album. Though Lubin is credited for most of the lyrics, all members collaborated to create the music, and all the members are eager to share what they’ve been working on with the Kent community.