JV Profile: Girls Hockey

Anna Grikit, Squad Reporter

On Wednesday the 18th of February, Kent girls JV hockey had an exciting game against Hotchkiss School, which the Lions won with the score 4-1. It was a particularly thrilling victory because the previous game against Hotchkiss ended in a close loss, 2-3.

The players did a really good job during this game, especially on defense. “Captain Stokes opened the scoring with a solo rush, but the Bearcats tied it up on the very next shift,” said head coach Klingebiel about the last game.

From their enthusiasm coming off the bench and their willingness to skate hard, fans could see that they were enjoying their game, which ended with a clear win for the team.

Girls JV hockey is having a great season, having lost only two times, but they are also really enjoying their time as a team and having fun on ice. “Our team is not that serious like varsity, we have more fun,” said Captain Lucy Wemyss. Lots of students, teachers and families are coming to watch their games as well, which adds to the fun.

“It has been a terrific season,” said Head Coach Jesse Klingebiel. “The girls have been having fun and they are always supporting each other. They only negative thing was that some of the games were canceled because of the snow.”

From the beginning of the season, when some of the players couldn’t even skate, to their almost-final record of 6-2, it’s clear that the girls have been practicing hard and bringing a positive attitude to every game.