Boys Basketball’s Senior Game (and #1 Ranking!)

A+packed+Gowan+Court+for+the+game+against+St.+Sebs.+

Courtesy of the Kent Basketball Facebook Page

A packed Gowan Court for the game against St. Seb’s.

Reese Simpson, Squad Reporter

In their last home game of the 2014-2015 season, varsity boys basketball dominated Westminster on Monday, February 23rd with a 94-37 finish.

For the senior boys, this was their last game on the home court of their Kent basketball careers. Much of the student body came to show their love and support for the graduating seniors as well as the juniors who will step up next year to take their place. The seven seniors leaving Kent School this year are Romello Crowell, Zach Foster, Brandon Lopez, Jamal Lucas, Malcolm Regisford, Stephon Alexander Sharp, and Myles Smith.

The obvious drive of the departing seniors pushed this team to one of its best games this season. The defense was incredible with great communication and strategy between the players. The entire game the players moved quickly and accurately back and forth on the court and kept possession of the ball. And, as the score demonstrates, the offense never let up.

This game was a great way to finish out the season for the boys. Not only did the Kent Lions win, but they crushed the Black and Gold Westminster team with a 57 point lead, leaving a 94-37 board.

The boys beat Hotchkiss and Trinity Pawling in their next two games to close the season undefeated, with a #1 ranking in New England, and beat St. Sebastian’s in a tight 63-58 win in front of a packed Gowan Court. Next up: Suffield in the Semis at home on Saturday the 7th!