Girls Hockey Three for Three

Thomas Mortimer, Campus News Reporter

On Sunday December 4th, Kent Girls Varsity Hockey faced The Hill School as they hoped to continue their strong start to the season. The final result, a 9-0 win, attests to the team’s dominance and high prospects this year.  

Captain Keely Moy ‘17 was optimistic going into Sunday’s match: “We like to keep everything positive and just play the game as we know it.” As it happens, team morale is at a high after two decisive away victories to open up the season. On Wednesday, the Kent Girls won by a narrow margin of 1-0 against a competitive Hotchkiss side. And, a 2-1 win against Berkshire on Saturday the 3rd left the Kent Girls with high hopes leading into Sunday’s match-up.

Sunday’s game saw a great turn-out with many students trekking over to the rink to cheer the girls on. The game was fast-paced and the Kent girls started off strong as they went ahead 1-0 in the first three minutes. By the end of the first period Kent was leading 2-0, and the girls put the game to the rest in the second period as they put in another four goals. The game ended 9-0—a third consecutive win for the team.

This coming Wednesday the team will be facing Westminster at home in a classic rivalry match as they continue to replicate last year’s Founders League success.